While teenage acne is almost an expectation of this rite of passage, we sometimes move into adult years thinking that hurdle has been cleared. In fact, 22% of women and 3% of men experience adult acne. Not only is acne a physical condition, but it can also affect an individual’s self-confidence, self-esteem, social interactions, education, and work life.
At Skincare by Shawna, we understand that getting to the root cause of your acne is critical to securing a positive outcome. Some common causes of adult acne include:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Inappropriate skincare and cosmetics
- Lifestyle choices
- Environmental stress (eg. work, school, pollution)
- Essential fatty acid deficiency
Regardless of your age, gender, or lifestyle, we have many tools available to help take care of adult acne. Our methods focus on repairing and rebuilding your skin with ingredients that soothe, repair, and restore. It’s important to note that acne can occur in dry skin as well, and there is always a hormonal component to acne.
When battling adult acne, restoring the skin barrier is critical. Look for ingredients that mimic the skin such as phosphatidylcholine, ceramides, and squalane. Active ingredients that are powerful in the treatment of acne include azelaic acid, Vitamin B6, Zinc, and Vitamin C.
At Skincare by Shawna, we are here to help you find an answer and restore your confidence in your skin. There are a few options available for addressing your adult acne concerns. You can browse our website and choose products that are tailored to this specific condition, or you can reach out to us directly for personalized advice.
Consider any of the following four options:
- Check the website for adult acne-related products. https://skincarebyshawna.ca/skin-condition/adult-acne/, https://skincarebyshawna.ca/products/kits/
- Take advantage of a complimentary 15 min chat. https://skincarebyshawna.ca/skin-consultation/
- If you are at your wit’s end and need more in-depth guidance, I offer a full assessment. https://skincarebyshawna.ca/skin-assessment/
- We are always available by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, we will personally respond to your email.
By understanding your skin type, goals, and lifestyle, we can offer tailored recommendations and guide you every step of the way to achieving clear, glowing skin.
We look forward to assisting you in resolving any degree of acne that you may be experiencing.
Read about the Root Causes of Acne – https://skincarebyshawna.ca/getting-to-the-root-of-acne/
Acne and Rosacea Society of Canada. (2022, September 6). Acne I acne and rosacea society of Canada. Acne and Rosacea Society of Canada. Retrieved March 11, 2023, from https://www.acneaction.ca/
Serbon, R. The 5 factors that contribute to acne. International Association For Applied Corneotherapy. Retrieved March 11, 2023, from https://corneotherapy.org/articles/the-5-factors-that-contribute-to-acne