Understanding the intricacies of exfoliation can save you precious time and money. Consider these questions as you zero in on a product that is best for your skin.
- What is exfoliation?
- How do I use an exfoliator?
- When should I use an exfoliator?
- What is the best exfoliator for my face?
1. What is exfoliation?
Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. Although skin cells will shed naturally every 30 days or so, they do not always shed completely. The result is clogged pores and dry patches of skin.
2. How do I use an exfoliator? Great question!
It is indeed important to know how to use an exfoliator. Because of the wide array of options, it is helpful to understand the process involved.
- How do I use a Physical exfoliation? This process happens when you use a sponge, washcloth, or loofah to manually scrub the surface of the skin with a product.
- How do I use a Chemical exfoliant? These exfoliants are acids designed to get rid of dead skin cells. The type of exfoliator used really depends on your skin type. At Skin Care by Shawna, we have many products available and can guide you accordingly.
3. When should I use an exfoliant?
When to use or how you incorporate an exfoliant into your skincare routine is a personal preference. While Shawna encourages the use of an exfoliant, using this type of product too often can leave your skin irritated and dry. For most skin types, exfoliating once a week is appropriate. For teens with oily skin, 2-3 times a week is recommended. If you have any questions about when to use an exfoliant, consider contacting Shawna at https://skincarebyshawna.ca/contact/
4. What exfoliant is best?
- It is difficult to recommend the best exfoliant without knowing more about your skin type and/or concern.
- Consider a consultation to help zero in on the best exfoliant for you. Use the links below:
Skincare by Shawna Products
Our exfoliants will gently remove dead skin cells while also adding nutrients back into your skin so that it looks healthy and vibrant. With our products, you will get a clean, smooth complexion in just minutes per day! Best of all, our products contain professional and quality ingredients that will not irritate your sensitive facial skin.
- Using a masque after you exfoliate is a soothing experience and highly recommended. We suggest making it part of your weekly self-care routine. Our masques will nourish, rehydrate, repair, and firm all skin types. Apply the masque to your face, leave it on for an extended time and rinse with warm water to remove. Your skin will love you for it!
- Consider these products: