- Our new and improved Skin Youth Biome™ supplement delivers personalized biome-based results for you. And don’t just take our word for it. Marie Claire has announced our New Skin Youth Biome™ is the award-winner in the Best New Skin Product – Supplement category in their Skin Awards 2022.
- This intelligent innovation uses the next-generation microbiome technology to help target the seven visible signs of aging: Fine lines, Wrinkles, Elasticity, Uneven skin tone, Dullness, Dryness & Thinning skin.
- Synergising together microbiome technology of six skin-friendly bacteria, including two new compounds and vitamin C. This one-a-day capsule helps deliver youthful-looking, radiant, and brighter skin. A happier gut = happier skin.
- Suitable for all skin types especially those seeking to support aging, dry, or uneven skin tone challenges. As well as individuals looking to brighten tired, dull-looking skin and anyone seeking additional support around the eye contour area.
- In a pilot study conducted at our skin health research center, 100% of participants experienced a positive change in one of more areas including a decrease in wrinkle depth, increase in hydration, increase in skin smoothness, improvement in transepidermal water loss (TEWL) and reduction in melanin.
- Each capsule is housed within a protective matrix to ensure a guaranteed 5 billion active cultures at the time of consumption. To further preserve ingredient integrity, quality, and activity, these Skin Youth Biome™ capsules are pristinely packed in nitrogen-flushed, eco-friendly aluminum pods to protect from moisture and light.
- *Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of skin and to the normal function of the immune system.
- Works from the inside out
- Supports the skin’s natural barrier
- Helps reduce fine lines
- Helps support gut flora
- Supports collagen formation*
- Supports immunity*
- *Vitamin C contributes to the maintenance of normal skin and the normal function of the immune system
- *Vitamin C contributes to the normal production of collagen
Take one capsule per day with a meal.
- If you are under medical supervision, please consult a doctor before use.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
- Do not exceed the stated recommended daily intake.
Soy and milk
Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of the skin and to the normal function of the immune system.
Lactobacillus Rhamnosus GG
A type of bacteria found in your intestines. It’s found in many foods including kimchi, miso and
Pediococcus Acidilactici HA-524
This is a species often found in pairs or tetrads and is added as beneficial microbes in the creation of cheeses and yogurts.
Bifidobacterium Longum Rosell-175
Helps to break down most sugars in food and is present in seaweed, yogurt, and kimchi.
Lactobacillus Reuteri HA-188
First isolated in 1962 and is a lactic acid bacteria that is found in a variety of cheeses.
Lactobacillus Acidophilus HA-122
Occurs naturally in the human body and is found in fermented foods including miso, tempeh, sauerkraut, and yogurts..
Lactobacillus Plantarum HA-119
Lactobacillus is found in sourdough bread. As well as brine olives and pickles.
|Amount (in mg)
|Nutrient Reference Value (%)
|Skin Youth Biome™ complex:
|Providing 5 Billion CFUs‡ (5×10⁹) at best before date:
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG
|Pediococcus acidilactici, HA-524®
|Bifidobacterium longum, Rosell®-175
|Lactobacillus reuteri, HA-188®
|Lactobacillus acidophilus HA-122®
|Lactobacillus plantarum HA-119®
FOR ALLERGENS: See ingredients in bold.
How long can I take Skin Youth Biome™ for?
There are no time limits for taking our Biomes – you can take Skin Youth Biome™ indefinitely. You can use Skin Clear Biome™ with Skin Youth Biome™ – remember the more diversity you can have with strains, the better it will be for your skin and your health.
When is the best time of day to take Skin Youth Biome™?
You can take Skin Youth Biome™ at any time of the day. The best is to take it with a meal (or 20 to 30 minutes before a meal) so that the food can act as a buffer, further protecting the probiotics from stomach acid. Do NOT mix it into a hot drink like coffee or tea as this will destroy the bacteria.
What products are best to use alongside Skin Youth Biome™ to help with my aging skin?
We recommend combining Skin Youth Biome™ with Skin Ultimate and Skin Vitality for best results. Skin Youth Biome™ can be combined with any of our Daily Skin Health products too.
Is Skin Youth Biome™ OK when trying to get pregnant and while pregnant?
There are no contraindications with Skin Youth Biome™ and pregnancy. If there are any contraindications or warnings this will be listed on the label.
Why did we choose the specific bacterial strains that are in Skin Youth Biome™?
We looked at strains that address the different factors that contribute to aging such as stress, free radicals, and the reduction of collagen and elastin.
Where do we source the bacterial strains from and where are they cultivated?
Our strains are sourced and cultivated from a specialist manufacturer. This company has been producing strains since 1923 and is one of the top innovators in the research and production of the microbiome.
Why does the label say it contains soy and dairy?
Dairy and soy are used in the fermentation (manufacturing) process – the bacteria use these as food during the growing process. Although it goes through a filtration process a number of times, small traces of milk proteins and soya may remain, so would not be suitable for those with a severe milk allergy (to milk proteins). It is, however, suitable for those with a lactose intolerance. People allergic to soya should also avoid it.
Why have you used 5 billion CFU’s and is that enough bacteria since other products have much higher doses in the 20 billion range.
There are two parts to this question and the first answer to this is all about the quality of the manufacturing and packaging process. If you note on the label it says that there are 5 billion CFU’s (Colony Forming Units) by the end of the best-before date. Bacterial strains are very sensitive to a number of environmental factors and most of the time when you see products that have over the 20 billion range it is because they are accounting for the bacteria dying off along the way, many of them do not guarantee a certain number by the end of the best before date. You will most often see that the label will say ’20 billion at time of manufacture’, which may sound appealing at first but it does not guarantee the number of bacteria at the time of purchase. We can guarantee this due to our superior manufacturing process and the nitrogen flushing of the pod that the capsules are housed in.
The second point on this is down to recent research that says it is not the number or billions that count but the actual combination of strains and their specific properties.
Could Skin Youth Biome™ cause stomach discomfort when starting out?
Sometimes when someone has an imbalance of bad to good bacteria in their gut they can experience what we call a ‘die off’ effect, especially when taking a good quality Biome. This means that the good bacteria are battling it out with the bad bacteria to a certain extent and this can create some extra gas and stomach pain. This is actually a good sign as it means it’s shifting something in the gut and working at rebalancing the microbiome.
The rule to stick to here if you experience this is to GO SLOW and GROW. Keep taking the Skin Youth Biome but start slowly. Take 1 every second day or third day instead and see how this goes. If this is well tolerated then do this for 3 to 4 weeks and then slowly increase again until you reach the recommended dosage of 1 per day.
Do I need to put Skin Youth Biome™ in the fridge?
No, there is no need to refrigerate Skin Youth Biome. Our product is produced in a very specific way that enables it to be stored on the shelf, in your bag or on your desk at work. Please do note the label storage instructions though – Store below 25 ⁰C, in a cool, dry place and out of direct sunlight.
When is the best time of day to take Skin Youth Biome™?
You can take Skin Youth Biome™ at any time of the day. We recommend taking it with a meal so that the food can act as a buffer, further protecting the probiotics from stomach acid.
Will stomach acid not destroy the live bacteria?
Our strains have been specifically researched and we have included ones that have been shown to survive the transit through the stomach.
Is Skin Youth Biome™ suitable for vegans or vegetarians?
Skin Youth Biome™ is suitable for vegetarians. This is not a vegan product because it may contain traces of dairy in it.
How long do I take a supplement before deciding if it works or not?
This is a complex question and can involve many factors that affect the outcome. To simplify, every person is unique and individual so results will vary from person to person. As a general rule we find that people start to notice a difference around 12 weeks (based on our in-house studies done in our Skin Research Centre). For some supplements it may be quicker, for example with our Skin Omegas+ and Skin Youth Biome™ individuals have noticed a result within 7 days.
What is the difference between Skin Youth Biome and Skin Clear Biome™?
While both formulas feature skin-friendly bacteria, they are distinctly different formulas. Skin Youth Biome™ fuses four different bacteria strains with vitamin C. Inspired by the results of Skin Youth Biome, our R&D embarked on a project to look at the underlying factors causing problems and stressed skin then researched specific strains of skin-friendly bacteria that could help support these factor = the result is the patent-pending Skin Clear Biome™ formula with four new bacterial strains (lactobacillus paracasei, lactobacillus helveticus, bifidobacterium bifidum, saccharomyces boullardii) and zinc.
Remember! Diversity is at the core of beneficial bacteria so our Head of Nutrition does recommend the use of both Skin Clear Biome™ and Skin Youth Biome together – especially for those looking for a new year reset.